After recently updating to OS X 10.9.1 Google Drive was unable to update and/or sync.
However, after following the instructions (Click on the Google Drive icon in the menu bar and select Update) nothing would happen. Quitting/restarting Google Drive didn’t solve this issue, nor did rebooting.
With that said, we have a fix!
How To Fix Google Drive on OS X 10.9.1
- Quit the Google Drive app
- Open Terminal (iTerm2 for many of us)
- Start Google Drive from within Terminal
"/Applications/Google Drive.app/Contents/MacOS/Google Drive" --overlays_enabled_finder_versions="10.9.1"
- You’ll once again be informed that Google Drive needs to be updated
- Type in your password and that’s it.