I just recently posted about my favorite OS X apps and, if you know me, I’m a huge ~~Android~~ Nexus, Stock Android, fan. Android’s popularity is continuing to grow and whenever one of my friends switch over from iOS the first thing they ask is,
What apps should I download?
In general if there’s a popular, or should I say official app you love on iOS, Android’ more than likely has it as well. With that said let me start out with the no brainers.
Google Apps (Gapps)
- Google Chrome Beta
- Google Drive
- Google Hangouts: This is your FaceTime/iMessage for Android. Sometime in the near future Google Hangouts will have SMS integration, finally giving us a unified messaging app for Android.
- Google Wallet: You can literally send money to your friends with a few clicks of a button.
- Google Now: This may be the most underrated app on Android period. The possibilities are endless and this is one of my favorite Android apps.
- Google Maps
- Google Keep
- Google Voice
Productivity, Storage & Utilities
- Sign up for Dropbox Dropbox
- Nova Launcher * Prime
- Titanium Backup Pro
- Root Explorer
Social & Entertainment
- DoubleTwist Premium
- Falcon Pro for Twitter: You won’t find this one in the Google Play Store anymore, but no worries. You can use your own tokens to unlock the app. Just follow these directions from the people over at Android Police.
If you don’t feel like making your own app you may use this:
- Consumer Key: aTre0SWdHnyijBg88Ooavw
Consumer Secret: 09qztM13HzgQuvsSgK2PLtxr0xMYgiRKVKrSTeLp4
- Flow for Reddit
- Yahoo! Fantasy Sports Football
- Yahoo! Sports
- CBS Sports
Web Design & Development